- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 2tbsp gluten-free red or green thai curry paste
- 2tsp turmeric powder
- 1 large waxy potato (300g), peeled and cut into small cubes
- 400g can light coconut milk (we used East End)
- 1 very low salt vegetable stock cube dissolved in 500ml boiling water
- 396g tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 150g frozen peas
- 50g baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- Finely grated zest 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- 2 large carrots, spiralised or peeled into ribbons
- 125g red cabbage, shredded
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- Heat half the oil in a large, deep saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and stir-fry until the onion is translucent. Add the curry paste and turmeric and stir to combine.
- Add the potato, coconut milk and stock. Simmer for 10 min or until the potato is soft. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the tofu and cook for 4–5 min until golden.
- Purée the soup in a blender until smooth, then return it to the pan. Add the tofu and put the pan back over a medium heat. Add the pepper, peas and spinach and cook for 2 min. Stir in the lime zest.
- Divide the soup among 4 bowls. Top with the carrot, cabbage and coriander, and serve with the lime wedges on the side.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
391 15g 17g 7.8g 13g 13g 1.6g 88mg 36g 4.2mg