- Cooking oil spray, to grease
- 250ml skimmed milk
- 325g dried mixed fruit
- 175g self-raising flour, sifted
- 125g fruit bread, made into breadcrumbs
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 2tsp mixed spice
- 75g light muscovado sugar
- 250g apple sauce
- 2tbsp brandy
- 1 egg, beaten
- 75g low-fat spread, melted
- 8 small scoops reduced-fat vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/fan 170°C/gas 5. Spray 8 coffee cups or 175ml ramekins (see tip, below) with oil and put on a baking sheet.
- In a small pan, combine the milk and dried fruit. Simmer gently for 5 min, then set aside to cool.
- Put the flour, breadcrumbs, spices and sugar in a bowl and make a well in the centre. In another bowl, combine the apple sauce, brandy and egg, then pour the mixture into the well.
- When the milk mixture has cooled, stir in the melted spread. Add to the flour mixture, then gently fold using a large metal spoon, taking care not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cups or ramekins so they’re three-quarters full, then bake for 30 min or until springy and golden. Turn the puddings out on to plates, or serve in their cups or ramekins with a small scoop of ice cream.
- Tip: Make sure your coffee cups or ramekins are ovenproof – or use a lightly greased muffin tin.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
423 8.3g 9.7g 3.2g 3.6g 56g 0.7g 243mg 78.4g 2.2mg