- 1½tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g lean rump steak, diced
- 300g mushrooms, chopped
- 2tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 very low salt beef stock cube
- 200g passata
- 2 courgettes, chopped
- 400g unpeeled potatoes, cut into 1.5cm dice
- 300g cauliflower florets
- Cooking oil spray
- Heat ½tbsp of the oil in a large, deep saucepan set over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2–3 min until soft.
- Add the diced steak and cook for 5 min, turning, until browned on all sides. Add the mushrooms and rosemary and cook for 5 min. Dissolve the stock cube in 200ml freshly boiled water, then add to the pan with the passata. Simmer over a gentle heat for 1 hr.
- Add the courgettes and potatoes and simmer for a further 30 min. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool for 15 min.
- Heat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Blitz the cauliflower in a food processor until the texture resembles fine rice (do this in batches if necessary). Transfer to a bowl, then add the remaining olive oil and stir until combined.
- Grease 4 x 450ml (approx) pie dishes or a 1.5–2 litre dish with a spray of oil. Divide the beef filling among the 4 dishes or spoon into the large dish. Spoon the cauliflower evenly over the filling and spray with oil. Bake for 40 min or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 min before serving.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
331kcal 29.5g 10g 2.8g 6.9g 9.9g 0.5g 74mg 32.4g 4.2mg