- 250g asparagus, trimmed
- 150g green beans, trimmed
- 100g low-fat feta
- 1 large egg
- Zest ½ lemon
- 4tbsp snipped fresh chives
- 320g pack reduced-fat puff pastry sheet
- 350g courgettes, very thinly sliced (we used a mixture of yellow and green)
- 100g baby kale, plus extra to garnish
- 1 small red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/ gas 6 and line a large baking sheet with non-stick baking paper. Steam the asparagus and green beans for 3–4 min until just tender, then put in a colander and refresh with cold water. Drain and set aside.
- In a food processor, blend the feta and egg together until smooth. Stir in the lemon zest and half the snipped chives.
- Roll out the pastry so it’s a little thinner, then cut out a 25cm (approx) diameter circle. Transfer the pastry circle to the prepared baking sheet, then spread with the feta mixture, leaving a 2cm border.
- Arrange the courgette slices on top of the feta layer, then transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 25–30 min until the pastry is golden and the veg are tender.
- Meanwhile, cut half the cooked asparagus into short lengths and combine with the green beans, baby kale and red pepper in a salad bowl. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar, then toss.
- To serve, scatter the galette with the remaining chives and asparagus and the extra baby kale, then season with ground black pepper. Serve with the salad.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
410kcal 18.2g 18.4g 8.2g 7.1g 7.6g 0.8g 104mg 39.2g 2.4mg