- Cooking oil spray
- ½ yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 90g low-fat spread, melted
- 2 medium eggs
- 175ml skimmed milk
- 275g self-raising flour
- 100g courgette, grated
- 100g reduced-fat mature cheddar, cubed
- A few leaves of fresh basil, roughly torn
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/fan 160°C/gas 4. Spray a 12-hole muffin tray and a non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat the pan, then add the pepper and spring onions and cook gently until browned. Remove from the heat.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk the melted spread, eggs and milk until combined. Add the remaining ingredients and the cooked pepper and spring onions and combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared muffin tray, then bake for 30–35 min until well risen and golden. Serve the muffins on their own or with a few rocket leaves.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
154kcal 7.3g 6.1g 2.1g 1.2g 1.6g 0.5g 181mg 18.7g 0.8mg