For the shortcake
- 115g low-fat spread, plus extra to grease
- 240g plain flour
- 75g light muscovado sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
For the topping
- 405g tin light condensed milk
- 3 medium eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2tbsp plain flour
- 150g courgette, grated
- 40g dark chocolate chips
- 25g desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/fan 160ºC/gas 4. Lightly grease a 20x30cm tin with low-fat spread, then line the base with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the shortcake ingredients with 2tsp water. Press the mixture into the tin with lightly oiled fingers, then bake for 10 min.
- Meanwhile, make the topping. Put the condensed milk and eggs into a large bowl and beat well. Mix in the zest, flour, courgette and chocolate chips.
- Remove the shortcake from the oven and pour over the topping. Sprinkle with the coconut, then return to the oven and bake for 25–30 min until set.
- Cool completely in the tin, then transfer to a board and cut into 24 squares.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
145 4.2g 4.2g 1.7g 0.8g 14.6g 0.2g 83mg 23.6g 0.6mg