- 3 courgettes (500g), coarsely grated
- 8 large eggs
- Finely grated zest 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100g reduced-fat feta
- ½ x 25g pack fresh mint, leaves finely chopped
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 4 wholemeal pittas
- 4 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 avocado, flesh sliced
- Take handfuls of the courgettes and squeeze out as much liquid as you can, then set aside in a sieve. Heat the grill to medium.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl, then add the courgettes, lemon zest, garlic, feta and mint.
- Heat the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat, then add the egg mixture. As the egg starts to set on the bottom, gently pull the edges of the omelette into the middle of the pan with a spatula, allowing the raw egg to run on to the bottom of the pan (do this 2–3 times). Cook over a low heat for 3–4 min until the base is set and the edges are starting to firm up.
- Transfer the pan to the grill and leave for 2–3 min to cook the top of the omelette. Alternatively, if you’re confident, you can flip the omelette and continue to cook on the other side on the hob.
- Meanwhile, toast the pittas until golden, then cut into triangles.
- Slice the omelette into 8, then serve 2 triangles per person, with the tomatoes, avocado and pittas.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
485kcal 30g 25.9g 8.1g 7.2g 6.4g 2.2g 207mg 33.5g 5.8mg