- 2 x 400g tins whole peeled plum tomatoes
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ¼tsp crushed chilli flakes
- 340g firm tofu, drained
- 2tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- For the lasagne
- 2 large courgettes (about 450g), ends trimmed, and sliced lengthways into thin strips with a vegetable peeler
- 225g ricotta
- ¼tsp olive oil
- Pulse the tomatoes with their juice in a food processor until finely chopped. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion and chilli flakes, stirring occasionally, for about 8 min until the onion is softened. Add the tomatoes and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about about 20 min until thickened. Coarsely crumble the tofu and stir into the sauce with the oregano. Season with black pepper and leave to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/fan 170ºC/gas 5. Put 5 or 6 courgette strips, overlapping slightly, in the bottom of a 20cm square ovenproof baking dish. Top with 200ml of the sauce, then dot evenly with one-quarter of the ricotta. Repeat these layers twice more, then top with the remaining courgette and brush with the olive oil. Dot with the remaining ricotta and season with pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, for 50–60 min until the lasagne bubbles and the top browns. Leave to stand for 10 min before serving.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
253kcal 16.4g 16.2g 5.2g 3.5g 9.7g 0.4g 629mg 11.1g 3mg