- 1tbsp olive oil, plus extra to grease
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 100ml red or white wine
- 2tbsp sun-dried tomato purée
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200g carton passata
- 100g baby spinach
- 2tbsp each chopped fresh basil and fresh parsley
- 250g pack fresh lasagne sheets
- A few fresh thyme sprigs
- 250g ricotta
- 30g Italian-style hard cheese, grated
- 4tbsp skimmed milk
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- Grated nutmeg, to taste, plus extra to sprinkle
For the topping
- Heat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Lightly grease a 1.5–2 litre ovenproof dish.
- Heat the 1tbsp oil in a non-stick pan and add the onion, courgettes, garlic and mushrooms. Cook for 5 min until softened. Stir in the wine, tomato purée, chopped tomatoes and passata. Bring to a gentle boil and cook for 5 min until reduced by a third. Stir in the spinach and the chopped basil and parsley.
- Whiz all the topping ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- To assemble, layer a third of the vegetable mix in the prepared dish and top with a third of the lasagne sheets. Repeat twice more. Spread the cheese topping on top of the final layer. Sprinkle with more nutmeg and press in the thyme sprigs. Bake for 30–35 min, then serve with a grind of black pepper.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
358kcal 18.8g 14g 6.6g 6.1g 14.2g 0.7g 356mg 35.4g 5.5mg