- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 250ml reduced-salt vegetable stock
- ½tsp chilli flakes
- 40g sultanas
- 2 carrots, cut into 2cm pieces
- 300g frozen broad beans
- 250g couscous
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4tbsp finely chopped fresh flatleaf parsley, plus extra to garnish
- 200g green cabbage, shredded
- 2 courgettes, cut into 2cm pieces
- 400g tin chickpeas in water, drained
- 6tbsp low-fat natural yogurt, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 5 min until golden. Add the tomatoes, stock, chilli flakes, sultanas and carrots. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 min.
- Meanwhile, put the broad beans in a bowl, cover with boiling water, then stand for 1 min. Drain, then rinse under cold running water. Peel off the outer skin and discard. Set the beans aside.
- Put the couscous in a medium bowl and mix with the lemon zest and juice. Pour over 430ml boiling water, cover and leave for 2–3 min until the water is completely absorbed. Fluff with a fork, then stir through the parsley.
- Add the cabbage, courgettes, chickpeas and broad beans to the pan with the tomato mixture and cook for a further 5 min. 5 Top the couscous with the veg mixture, garnish with extra parsley, then serve with the yogurt to spoon over.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
359 17.5g 4.6g 1g 8.9g 18.1g 0.5g 192mg 63.5g 3.6mg