- 250g parsnips, cut into batons
- Cooking oil spray
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 75ml white wine
- 1tbsp grated fresh ginger
- ¼tsp ground allspice
- 100g extra-light soft cheese
- 100ml hot reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 250g vacuum-packed beetroot, cut into chunks
- Handful finely chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- For the crumble topping
- 60g wholemeal plain flour
- 30g low-fat spread
- 20g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Boil the parsnips for 5 min, then drain.
- Meanwhile, make the crumble topping: put the flour and low-fat spread in a bowl and rub together with your fingertips until the mixture resembles chunky breadcrumbs. Stir in the hazelnuts and season with pepper.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set it over a low heat. Cook the shallots for 5 min. Add the parboiled parsnips and cook for 5–10 min. Stir in the wine, ginger, allspice, cheese and stock and cook for 2–3 min until slightly reduced. Add the chickpeas and season with pepper.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir through the beetroot and parsley. Divide the mixture between 2 x 350ml ovenproof dishes and top with the crumble.
- Bake in the oven for 20–25 min until the topping is golden and the filling is piping hot.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
554 24.4g 18.9g 4.1g 21.9g 21.5g 1.3g 241mg 68.8g