- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed and sliced
- 200g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 625ml skimmed milk
- 1tsp reduced-salt vegetable stock powder
- 400g tin cannellini beans in water, drained
- 100g watercress, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, then add the leek. Gently cook over a medium heat for a few min, then cover with a lid and cook for 5 min or until the leek is softened.
- Add the potatoes, garlic and milk to the pan. Dissolve the stock powder in 4tbsp boiling water, then add to the pan. Replace the lid and cook at a rolling simmer for 10–15 min.
- Add the beans and most of the watercress to the pan, reserving a little to garnish. Cook, uncovered, until the watercress starts to wilt, then season with ground black pepper.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool a little. Blend the soup to a purée with a stick blender, or carefully pour it into a food processor and whiz until smooth. If the soup is too thick, add more stock or water to reach the desired consistency. Divide among 4 bowls, then serve garnished with the remaining watercress and some sliced wholemeal bread, if you like.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
187 12.7g 4.3g 0.9g 6.5 12g 1.5g 291mg 25.8g 4.2mg