- 1 very low salt vegetable stock cube
- 200g wholemeal couscous
- Spray olive oil
- 500g boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 mixed-colour peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Fresh flatleaf parsley leaves, to garnish
- 4tbsp basil pesto, to serve
- Heat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Dissolve the stock cube in 275ml boiling water in a large pan and bring back to the boil. Stir in the couscous, then take off the heat, cover and set aside.
- Spray a large cast-iron frying pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Put the chicken in the pan and cook for about 5 min until golden, then turn and cook for a further 3 min. Transfer the chicken to a plate, cover and set aside.
- Spray the pan again lightly with oil and sauté the peppers, onion and garlic for 3–4 min. Add the tomatoes and stir to combine. Nestle the chicken into the tomatoes, then transfer to the oven and bake for 10 min or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork and season with freshly ground black pepper. Garnish the chicken and veg with parsley, then serve on a bed of couscous, topped with the pesto.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
517 36g 18g 3.2g 6.4g 12g 1.1g 118mg 49g 3.6mg