- 1 large red pepper, halved and deseeded
- 250g broccoli, cut into florets
- 250g pack ready to heat brown rice
- 10 medium eggs
- 5tbsp skimmed milk
- 1tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 150g peeled butternut squash, grated
- 30g finely grated parmesan
- 100g baby spinach drizzled with balsamic vinegar, to serve
- Heat the grill to high. Put the pepper halves, cut side down, on a baking sheet and grill for 5 min or until the skins have blistered. Transfer to a bowl, cover with clingfilm and set aside to cool. When cool, uncover, carefully peel away the skins and discard. Dice the flesh.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 180ºC/fan 160°C/gas 4 and line a 20cm square baking tin with non-stick baking paper. Steam or microwave the broccoli for 2–3 min until tender, then coarsely chop. Heat the rice according to the pack instructions.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and mustard together in a large bowl, then add the pepper, broccoli, rice, squash and parmesan, and stir to combine. Transfer the mixture to the prepared tin, then bake for 30–35 min until golden, puffed and set.
- Set the quiche aside for 10 min before removing from tin. Serve warm with the dressed spinach, sprinkled with black pepper, or a for something more substantial, this beetroot, avocado and quinoa salad.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
358 25.7g 15.8g 4.9g 5.3g 5.3g 1g 236mg 25g 3.8mg