- Cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1tbsp mild curry powder
- ½ x 400g tin brown lentils in water, drained
- 500ml hot reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 400g tin kidney beans in water, rinsed and drained
- 400g tin chickpeas in water, drained
- 75g sultanas
- Zest 1 lemon
- 250g couscous
- 4tbsp reduced-fat soured cream, to serve
- Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Spray a heavy-based, flameproof casserole dish with oil, then set over a medium-high heat. Fry the onion and carrots until slightly softened, then stir in the curry powder and cook for 1 min.
- Add the lentils, stock, kidney beans, chickpeas, sultanas and lemon zest to the dish and stir well. Simmer for 20–25 min until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare the couscous according to the pack instructions. Divide the stew among 4 bowls, then top with the soured cream and a sprinkling of parsley and ground black pepper.Serve with the couscous.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
525 21.6g 6.2g 2.4g 16.8g 25.5g 1g 169mg 97g 5.3mg