- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 300g each)
- Vegetable oil, to grease
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Guacamole and salad leaves (optional), to serve
- For the curry crust
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red chilli, cut in half lengthways and seeds removed
- Juice 1 lime
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, plus 1tbsp oil from the jar
- 30g fresh coriander, chopped
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 10g panko breadcrumbs
- 1tsp garam masala
- 1tsp ground cumin
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork and put on a plate. Microwave on high for about 10–15 min until they’re quite soft. (Alternatively, bake potatoes in a 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7 oven for 25 min, then remove from the oven and reduce the heat to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6). Set the potatoes aside to cool slightly, then score the skins with a sharp knife.
- Put all the curry crust ingredients plus 2tsp water in a food processor and whiz to a thick paste.
- Cut 2 squares of foil large enough to fully wrap your sweet potatoes and grease one side of each with oil. Using your hands, cover each potato with half the paste to make a thick layer.
- Tightly wrap the potatoes in their foil squares, then put them on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 30 min.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with a spoonful of guacamole, and salad leaves on the side, if using.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
372 6.7g 17.6g 11.4g 10.5g 10.6g 0.4g 104mg 42.2g 4.8mg