- 1½tbsp Birds custard powder
- 300ml unsweetened almond milk
- 2tsp vanilla bean paste
- 3tbsp Natvia sweetener
- 4 nectarines, stone removed, cut into thin wedges
- 200g fresh or frozen raspberries
- 150g gluten-free sponge, cut into small chunks (see tip)
- 20g toasted flaked almonds, to garnish
- In a small bowl, mix the custard powder with 3tbsp almond milk until smooth. Put the remaining almond milk and 1tsp vanilla bean paste in a saucepan set over a medium heat and heat until almost boiling.
- When the milk is hot, whisk in the custard powder mixture and 2tbsp sweetener. Cook, stirring, until the custard thickens. Remove from the heat and transfer to a large bowl. Cover the surface of the custard with clingfilm to stop a skin from forming. Set it aside to cool to room temperature, then transfer it to the fridge to chill completely.
- Heat the oven to 190ºC/fan 170ºC/gas 5. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Put the nectarines on the tray and drizzle with the remaining vanilla paste and sweetener. Roast for 10–15 min, then add the raspberries to the tray and roast for a further 5–10 min until the nectarines are tender. Set aside to cool completely, then cover and chill until required.
- To assemble, layer the custard, sponge chunks and roasted fruit, plus any pan juices, in 4 serving glasses. Garnish with the flaked almonds to serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
248 7.4g 6g 1g 6.2g 23g 0.3g 143mg 52g 1.5mg