- 1tbsp runny honey
- 1tsp Marmite
- 2 x 7g sachets fast-action yeast
- 450g strong wholemeal flour, plus extra to dust
- 100g rolled oats, plus 1tbsp to sprinkle
- Cooking oil spray
- Put the honey, Marmite and 375ml warm water in a small bowl and stir until the honey dissolves.
- In a large bowl, mix the yeast, flour and 100g oats. Make a well in the middle, then pour in the honey mixture. Use a butter knife to mix into a sticky dough.
- Spray a loaf tin with oil, then lightly dust the sides and base with flour. Transfer the dough to the loaf tin, brush with a little water and sprinkle over the 1tbsp oats. Spray a large piece of clingfilm with oil and use it to cover the tin. Leave for 40 min or until the loaf has doubled in size.
- Heat the oven to 220ºC/fan 200ºC/gas 7. Remove the clingfilm from the dough, then bake for 30–40 min until risen and golden. Turn out the loaf – it should sound hollow when you tap the base (if not, return to the oven in the tin). Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
162 6.6g 1.7g 0.3g 5.5g 2.2g 0.1g 21mg 31.6g 2.2mg