- 80g self-raising flour
- 40g wholemeal self-raising flour
- ½tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 175ml rice or almond milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking oil spray
- Sift the flours and bicarbonate of soda into a medium mixing bowl. Add the rice or almond milk and egg and stir until a batter forms.
- Spray a medium heavy-based, non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Drop heaped tablespoonfuls of the batter into the pan, 2–3cm apart. Cook for 1–2 min until small bubbles appear on the surface. Flip and cook for a further 1 min or until lightly golden.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, stacking the cooked pancakes on to a plate and spraying the pan with more oil between batches, if needed. Serve immediately or cool and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
TIP To freeze, cool the pancakes, then transfer to a freezer bag, seal and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw, then heat to serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
42 1.2g 0.9g 0.2g 0.5g 1g 0.2g 43mg 7.8g 0.2g