- 4tbsp olive oil , plus extra to drizzle (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, bashed
- 150g whole blanched almonds
- 1 slice rye bread
- 12 white grapes, quartered
- Gently heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, then add the bashed garlic and keep it moving in the pan until it starts to release its aroma – take care not to colour the garlic. Stir in the almonds and stir into the oil, then add 400ml water and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 5 min.
- While the soup is simmering, toast the slice of rye bread, then set aside to cool.
- Pour the soup into a powerful blender and blend until smooth – it might be best to do this in a couple of batches. Once the soup is all blended, put it back into the saucepan and add water to thin to your preferred consistency (around 200ml).
- Tear the toasted rye bread into rough squares, then put them in a food processor and whiz into crumbs.
- Serve the soup with a sprinkle of the rye crumb, a handful of chopped grapes and a light drizzle of good olive oil, if you like.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
352 8.6g 32.1g 3.3g 4.3g 4g 0.1g 96mg 7.9g 1.4g