- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1tsp olive oil
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- Pinch paprika
- Pinch cumin
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained
- 400g can black beans, drained
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch chilli flakes, plus extra to sprinkle
- 1 medium avocado, sliced, to serve
- Chopped fresh flatleaf parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Put the onion and garlic in a thick-bottomed pan with the olive oil and cook over a medium heat for 10 min until transparent.
- Add in your tomato purée, paprika and cumin and give it all a good stir for 5 more min.
- Add in your chopped tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, chilli flakes and some freshly ground black pepper. Bring the whole thing to the boil, before reducing to a simmer for 25–30 min. Serve with the avocado slices sprinkled with parsley, if you like, and the extra chilli flakes.
TIP: For an even heartier dish, serve with a mix of 30g each (uncooked weight) wild and brown rice per person, which will add about 203kcal to your supper.
Find more of Ella’s tasty recipes at deliciouslyella.com.