- 2 x 400ml tins coconut milk (we used reduced-fat)
- 2 x 400g tins tomatoes
- 2–3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1–2tsp chilli flakes
- 1 large butternut squash (1kg)
- 2 medium aubergines (600g)
- Handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 3tsp brown miso paste
- Brown rice, to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Put the coconut milk, tinned tomatoes, grated ginger and chilli into a large (ovenproof) saucepan with a sprinkling of black pepper and allow it to heat until boiling.
- As it heats up, peel the squash and cut both the squash and the aubergines into bite-size pieces. Add these to the coconut and tomato in the pan.
- Allow the mixture to cook for about 30 minutes in the oven, at which point add the coriander and chickpeas to the pan with the miso. Place the pan back in the oven for 30 minutes. It’s ready when the squash is soft.
- Serve the coconut curry with the brown rice. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
HFG Tip: You could blend leftover curry into soup, thinned with a little water, for a warming lunch.
If you’re a fan of Deliciously Ella’s tasty recipes, why not try her clementine and coconut sorbet as a healthy dessert?