- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, finely sliced
- 2tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp cumin
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- 2 x 400g cans tomatoes
- 250g dry green lentils
- 250g brown rice pasta
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped, to serve (optional)
- Put the onion and carrots in a pan with the olive oil and cook over a medium heat for 5–10 min until soft. Add the garlic, paprika and cumin and cook for another 3 min before adding the tomato purée, canned tomatoes and lentils with 250ml water and freshly ground black pepper. Cook for 30–35 min until the lentils are really soft.
- While the sauce is cooking, cook the pasta in a pan of boiling water for 8–10 min until cooked. Drain, reserving some of the drained water.
- Once the sauce is ready, add the drained pasta to the pan, along with a little of the reserved pasta water if needed. Give everything a really good stir and serve garnished with basil, if you like.
Find more of Ella’s tasty recipes at deliciouslyella.com.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
546 23g 6g 1.1g 14g 18g 0.1g 116mg 92g 9.3mg