- 3–4 sweet potatoes (about 600g), peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2tsp olive oil, plus extra to serve (optional)
- 1 large red onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely diced
- 1tsp smoked sweet paprika
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 150g button mushrooms, sliced
- 400g can black beans, drained and washed
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained and washed
- 400g can tomatoes
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- Juice 1 lime
- Handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Small splash almond milk
- Salad leaves to garnish (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200°C/ fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Boil the sweet potatoes for about 30 min until tender.
- While they’re cooking, put the olive oil in a pan and fry the red onion and garlic over a medium heat for 5 min until the onion softens. Add the paprika and spring onions and sauté for 2–3 min, ensuring they are coated in the paprika, before adding the mushrooms and mixing again.
- Add both types of beans, coating them in the paprika, and sauté for a further 5 min. Then add the canned tomatoes, maple syrup, lime juice, freshly ground black pepper and coriander, mixing everything through.
- Once the sweet potatoes are soft, drain them, then mash with the almond milk.
- Spoon the bean mix into an ovenproof dish and top with the mash. Put in the oven to cook for 20–25 min until it starts to crisp on the top. Serve drizzled with a little oil and garnished with salad leaves, if you like.
Find more of Ella’s tasty recipes at deliciouslyella.com.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
363kcal 14g 3.9g 0.7g 15g 19g 0.1g 108mg 60g 4.9mg