- 2 medium eggs, separated
- 175ml skimmed milk
- 150g self-raising flour
- Sunflower oil spray
- 150ml low-fat crème fraîche
- 3tbsp creamed horseradish
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 250g smoked salmon, torn
- Small bunch fresh chives, snipped, to garnish
- Whisk the egg whites until they’re thick and hold soft peaks.
- In a separate bowl, mix the milk with 2tbsp water and whisk together with the flour and egg yolks until smooth. Gently whisk in the egg whites.
- Heat a 20cm frying pan over a medium heat, spray with a little sunflower spray and add batter to the pan in 2tbsp dollops – you should be able to fit three pancakes into the pan at a time, spacing them a few centimetres apart. Cook for 1–1½ min, until the surface is bubbly and the underside is golden. Turn over and cook for up to 1 further min, until golden. Transfer to a plate, cover with a thick tea towel to keep warm, then repeat with the remaining mixture, to make 18 pancakes.
- Combine the crème fraîche, horseradish and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Serve three pancakes per person. Drape with the salmon, top with the horseradish cream and garnish with the snipped chives.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
217 kcal 17.9g 6.3g 1.6g 1.4g 4.5g 2.5g 172mg 23.6g 1.3mg