- 75g small gherkins, finely chopped
- 400g 5% fat beef mince
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Cooking oil spray
- 4tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- 1tbsp hot chilli sauce or to taste
- 4 wholegrain rolls, halved
- 2 handfuls lettuce leaves, torn
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 vacuum-packed cooked beetroot, sliced
- Combine the gherkins, mince and garlic in a mixing bowl, then shape the mixture evenly into 4 burgers. Put on a plate, then cover and chill for 10 min or until firm. If you’re making this recipe in advance, wrap the chilled burgers in clingfilm, then freeze (thaw completely before cooking).
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and heat until hot. Fry the burgers for 3–4 min on each side until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the yogurt and the chilli sauce.
- Fill each bread roll with lettuce, tomato, carrot, a beef burger, beetroot and the chilli-yogurt sauce, then serve.
TIP Replace the chopped gherkin with red onion, if you prefer.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
302kcal 28.6g 7.9g 3.1g 4.9g 10.9g 1.3g 200mg 31.3g 3.4mg