- 700g boneless leg of lamb, fat trimmed
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1½tbsp chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 6 medium potatoes, skins left on and halved
- Cooking oil spray
- 500g steamed green beans, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6 and set a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Rub the lamb with 1tsp of the oil, then cook, turning, for 3–4 min until seared all over. Remove from the heat. Mix the remaining olive oil with the lemon juice, garlic, oregano and some black pepper in a bowl, then rub the mixture over the seared lamb.
- Put a roasting rack inside a roasting tin and rest the lamb on top. Roast for around 45 min for rare, 55 min for medium or 65 min for well done. For accuracy use a meat thermometer (see left). Remove the lamb from the oven, cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest for 10 min.
- While the lamb is in the oven, put the potatoes on a baking tray, spray with oil and roast for 40–45 min until golden and crisp.
- Drain and discard any excess fat from the meat juices. Slice the lamb, then serve with the potatoes and steamed green beans, with the meat juices spooned over.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
368kcal 29.4g 12.2g 4.4g 6g 3.2g 0.2g 57mg 37.3g 3.5mg