- 800ml oat milk – we used Oatly
- 250g dried macaroni
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Bunch spring onions, chopped
- 2tsp dijon mustard
- 400g frozen mixed vegetables
- 125g mature vegan cheese, grated
- 30g vegan panko breadcrumbs
- Green salad, to serve
- Heat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Put the milk, macaroni and bay leaves in a large pan and bring to the boil, stirring, then reduce to a gentle simmer. Cover and cook for 12–15 min, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is al dente.
- Add the garlic, spring onions, mustard and mixed vegetables to the pan and cook for a further 3–4 min until hot. Stir in three-quarters of the cheese and season with freshly ground black pepper. Spoon the mixture into a 1.5 litre baking dish.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs and remaining cheese over the pasta. Bake for 15–20 min until the topping is golden. Cool, then freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. To serve, reheat until piping hot, then divide among 6 bowls and enjoy with a green salad alongside.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
246 8.7g 7g 3.4g 6.3g 11g 0.6g 212mg 48g 1.9mg