- 150g pack falafel mix, such as Al’Fez
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100g frozen sweetcorn, thawed
- ½ green pepper, diced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- Cooking oil spray
- 8 mini wholemeal pittas or 4 wholemeal bread rolls split in half, warmed
- 4tbsp reduced-fat hummus
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
For the salsa
- 4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1tsp harissa paste
- 2tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Prepare the falafel in a mixing bowl according to the pack instructions. Mix in the egg, sweetcorn, diced pepper and spring onions, then shape into 4 burgers.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with a little oil and set over a medium-heat, then fry the falafel burgers for 4–5 min on each side until cooked.
- Make the salsa by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Spread 4 mini pittas or the bottom halves of 4 bread rolls with the hummus, then add the falafel burgers and the salsa. Top with the remaining mini pittas or roll tops, then serve with mixed salad leaves.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
303 12.6g 11.5g 1.6g 9.2g 8.1g 2.4g 106mg 41.2g 3.7mg