- 40g bulgur wheat
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 4tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 4tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 6 small cooked falafels (bought or homemade)
- 2 x 18–20cm wholemeal khobez breads (or pittas)
- 75g reduced-fat hummus
- 2tbsp grated reduced-fat mature cheese
- Cook the bulgur in a small pan of boiling water for 10 min. Drain, rinse under cold water, then drain again. Squeeze out excess moisture and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the onion, parsley, mint, tomato, garlic, lemon zest and 1–2tbsp lemon juice to the bulgur. Season with black pepper and mix well. Divide the tabouleh between 2 airtight containers, seal and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to eat, put the falafels on a plate between 2 sheets of paper towel and heat in the microwave for 30–60 sec. Put a flatbread on a plate and spread some hummus down the centre.
- Put 3 falafels on top of the hummus and crush slightly. Top with the grated cheese and tabouleh. Repeat with the second flatbread, then roll up and cut the wraps in half to eat.
TIP: To make your own falafels at home, try our recipe.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
498 20g 13g 2.8g 9.5g 8g 1g 151mg 69g 2.4mg