- Cooking oil spray
- 2 red onions, halved and thinly sliced, plus ½ red onion, thinly sliced, to serve
- 500g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 2 courgettes, thinly sliced
- 60g baby spinach
- 5 eggs, plus 3 egg whites
- 125g reduced-fat feta, diced
- Salad made with a small bag mixed leaves, 2 chopped tomatoes, ½ sliced red pepper, ¼ sliced cucumber and 1 small carrot cut into sticks, to serve
- 2tbsp snipped fresh chives, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4 and line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with a little oil and put over a medium heat. Add the 2 sliced onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 min or until soft and golden.
- Meanwhile, steam the sweet potatoes for 10 min or until tender. Add the courgettes for the last 2 min of steaming time. Add both to the fried onions with the spinach and cook for 2 min or until the spinach wilts. Transfer the vegetable mixture to a large bowl.
- Whisk the eggs and whites together in a mixing bowl, then stir in the feta. Add to the onion mixture and season with ground black pepper, then pour into the prepared baking tin. Cook in the oven for 25 min or until set, puffed and golden on top.
- Cool for 10 min in the tin, then cut into wedges. Serve with the salad and remaining onion, garnished with chives.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
375 23g 14.2g 6g 9.4g 19.1g 2.1g 282mg 41.3g 4.4mg