- Cooking oil spray
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 large tomato, peeled and finely diced
- 125g cooked brown rice
- 2tbsp pine nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 2tbsp currants
- 25g flatleaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 100g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 4 large red peppers
- Salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6 and line a baking tray with baking paper. Spray a frying pan with cooking oil and put over a medium heat, then add the onion and cook for 5 min or until soft. Add the garlic and tomato and cook for 3 min or until the tomato is soft. Transfer to a large bowl with the rice, pine nuts, currants, parsley and feta, and toss to combine.
- Slice the tops off the peppers and set aside. Carefully scoop out and discard the seeds and pith. Put the peppers in a baking tray and fill with the rice mixture. Cover with the pepper tops and spray with a little oil, then bake for 25–30 min until soft. Serve with the salad.
TIP The peppers can also be filled with meat or fish. Instead of the rice and feta, add a 425g tin drained tuna, or 300g cooked lamb mince or cooked and shredded skinless chicken breast.
Be inspired! Try some more of our tasty rice recipes for the perfect midweek meal.