- 2tbsp milled seeds (we used Linwoods Milled Flaxseed, Almonds, Brazil Nuts, Walnuts & Co-enzyme Q10) or ground almonds
- 175g soft dried figs
- 1tbsp cold water
- 2tbsp lime juice
- 75g walnut pieces
- 1tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
For the coating
- 2tbsp milled seeds or ground almonds
- Put all the ingredients, except the coating, in a food processor and blitz, using a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl between pulses if necessary. Stop when the ‘dough’ is as smooth or as chunky as you like. It should be soft but not too sticky (if it’s too dry, add a little water; if it’s too wet, add more milled seeds or ground almonds).
- Take 1 heaped tsp of the mixture and form into a small ball, about 3–4cm in diameter. Roll in the coating ingredient to cover, then put on a plate. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Chill in the fridge for about 15 min.
- Serve straightaway, or keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
NO FOOD PROCESSOR?
Finely chop any dried fruit and nuts and mix with the other ingredients in a bowl to combine.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
115 3g 7.1g 0.8g 4.4g 7.4g 0g 54mg 7.6g 1.2mg