User Review( votes)
- 400g maris piper potatoes, cut into 1.5cm slices
- 2tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 25g low-fat spread
- 25g plain flour
- 400ml skimmed milk
- 20g fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 520g fish pie mix
- 30g reduced-fat mature cheddar, grated
- Cook the potato slices in a large pan of boiling water for 7–8 min until just tender, then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 1tsp oil in a medium pan over a medium-high heat and fry the onion for 6–7 min until softened. Add the garlic and fry for 1 min more. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Melt the spread in the same pan, then
add the flour and beat in with a wooden spoon. Cook for 2–3 min, stirring, until pale golden. Slowly add the milk, whisking constantly, then whisk gently for 3–4 min until thickened. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the parsley and a good pinch of black pepper.
- Gently stir in the onion mixture and the fish, then transfer to a 1.3 litre ovenproof dish. Lay the potato slices on top, overlapping slightly, then brush with the remaining oil. Scatter over the cheese and cook for 20 min or until lightly browned and bubbling.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
400 31.6g 17.9g 3.9g 2.5g 6.4g 0.9g 240mg 26.7g 1.4mg