- 500g potatoes, such as desiree, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 x 200g tins tuna in spring water, drained and flaked
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 2tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1tsp lime zest, plus wedges to serve
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4tbsp plain flour
- Cooking oil spray
- Green salad, to serve
For the dipping sauce
- 3tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1tbsp rice vinegar
- 2tsp caster sugar
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Put the potatoes in a large pan of boiling water and simmer for 12 min or until tender. Drain, then transfer to a large bowl and mash roughly with a fork. Set aside to cool. Meanwhile, mix all the dipping sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add the tuna, spring onions, pepper, coriander, a few splashes of Tabasco, lime zest and egg to the potatoes, then stir to combine.
- Spread the flour over a large plate. Shape the tuna mixture into 12 patties, then lightly coat each in the flour and set aside on a clean plate.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with a little oil, then set over a medium heat. Cook the patties, in 2 batches, for 2–3 min on each side until golden. Serve with the dipping sauce, green salad and lime wedges.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
312 28.8g 3.5g 0.7g 4.6g 7.6g 1.6g 71mg 43.8g 2.7mg