- 1tsp instant coffee powder
- 5tbsp sunflower oil
- 150g 70% cocoa solids dark chocolate, chopped
- 30g cocoa powder, sifted, plus extra to dust
- 3 eggs, separated, plus extra
- 2 egg whites
- 135g Natvia sweetener
- 200g ground almonds
- ½tsp baking powder
- 500g mixed berries and 200g reduced-fat plain yogurt, to serve
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Grease a 20cm round springform cake tin, then line the base and side with baking paper.
- Put the coffee powder, oil and 4tbsp boiling water in a heatproof jug. Stir gently until the coffee powder dissolves, then transfer to a medium saucepan with the chocolate and cocoa powder. Heat over a low heat, stirring constantly, until the chocolate has melted. Transfer to a large bowl and leave to cool slightly.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the 5 egg whites in a separate clean bowl until soft peaks form.
- Add the 3 egg yolks, Natvia, ground almonds and baking powder to the chocolate mixture and mix well. Fold in a third of the egg whites to loosen the mixture, then fold in the remaining egg whites until just combined.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared tin and smooth the top. Bake for 45–50 min until a skewer comes out with just a few crumbs clinging. Leave the cake in the tin to cool completely, then turn out and dust with cocoa powder.
- Decorate with a few berries, then slice and serve with the yogurt and remaining berries on the side.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
271 9.1g 20.1g 4.2g 5.4g 10.9g 0.1g 67mg 11.9g 1.6mg