- 100g wholegrain flour
- 100g plain flour
- ½tsp baking powder
- ½tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 125ml buttermilk
- 250ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 250g blueberries
- In a large bowl, sift together the two flours, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and sugar.
- Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and milk. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the egg mixture, then whisk the wet into the dry ingredients.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat and wipe the pan with a little sunflower oil. Spoon a small ladleful of the batter into the pan and sprinkle over some blueberries.
- When the mixture starts to bubble on the surface, carefully turn the pancake over and cook on the other side; depending on your pan this should take about 2 to 3 min on each side (the pancakes should be about 8cm to 10cm in diameter). Repeat until you have used all the batter.
- Serve warm – with low-fat probiotic natural yogurt and a drizzle of either maple syrup or honey, if you like.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
317 13g 8g 1g 6.5g 16g 0.9g 51g