- Cooking oil spray
- 80g low-fat spread, melted
- 90g light muscovado sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125ml skimmed milk
- 85g ripe banana, mashed (about 1 medium banana)
- 50g cocoa powder
- 100g plain flour
- 80g self-raising flour
- 50g plain chocolate, chopped
- 150g frozen berries
- 2tsp icing sugar or drinking chocolate powder, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Grease a 20cm square cake tin with a little spray oil and line with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the low-fat spread and muscovado sugar together with a wooden spoon, then beat in the eggs. Fold in the milk, mashed banana, cocoa powder and both flours to combine. Stir through the chopped chocolate and the frozen berries.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared cake tin and level the surface, then bake for 20–25 min until quite firm to the touch but fudge-like in the middle. Leave to stand in the tin for 10 min, then turn out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut the slab into 16 brownies, then dust with the icing sugar or drinking chocolate powder.
Nutrition per serving
121 3.1g 4.1g 1.6g 1.5g 10.2g 0.2g 55mg 19.3g 1mg Read more on how we calculate nutrition.