- 140g pitted dates, chopped
- 175g cooked sweet potato flesh (about 1 large sweet potato)
- 2 large eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp sunflower oil
- 4tbsp cocoa powder, plus extra to dust
- ½tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 50g ground almonds
- Heat the oven to 160°C/fan 140°C/gas 3. Line a 20cm square cake tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Put the dates and 3tbsp water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave the dates on high for 1 min. Roughly mash with a fork.
- Put the dates and sweet potato in a food processor and blitz until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla extract and oil, and blitz again until well combined. Add the cocoa powder, baking powder and ground almonds and pulse together until just combined.
- Spread the brownie mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 25–30 min until just firm when lightly pressed. Set aside to cool in the pan before cutting into 16 squares. Serve the brownies dusted with extra cocoa.
Keep these fudgy chocolate brownies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
91 3.4g 4g 1g 3.1g 6.8g 0g 26mg 9g 1mg