- 4 x 125g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Spray olive oil
- 450g salad potatoes, halved
- 350g broccoli or tenderstem, trimmed
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 350g frozen peas, thawed
- 90ml very low salt gluten-free chicken or vegetable stock
- Zest 1 lemon and juice to taste, plus lemon wedges to serve
- 2tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- Heat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Put the chicken on the tray, rub the garlic over it, then spray with oil and season with lots of black pepper. Bake for 20 min or until it’s golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, steam the potatoes for 15 min or until tender. Add the broccoli for the final 4–5 min. About 10 min before the chicken and potatoes are ready, spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Sauté the leek for 3–4 min until softened. Add the peas and stock, then simmer for 3–5 min until the peas are tender and the stock has reduced. Add the lemon zest and juice to taste. Remove the pan from the heat and lightly mash the peas and leek with a fork. Season the mixture with freshly ground black pepper and stir through the mint leaves.
- Serve the roast chicken with the mashed veg, potatoes and broccoli, sprinkled with more black pepper, and lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
464 41.7g 3g 0.8g 11.4g 9g 0.3g 110mg 29g 4.6mg