- 4 x 150g salmon fillets
- 25g fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2tbsp maple syrup
- 1½tbsp olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 400g red cabbage, shredded
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated or shredded
- 500g sweet potatoes, boiled then mashed with 4tbsp skimmed milk, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Put the salmon in a small ovenproof dish, then sprinkle the tops with the ginger, season with ground black pepper and drizzle with the maple syrup. Bake for 12–15 min until the salmon is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lemon zest and juice until combined. Add the cabbage, spring onions and carrot, then toss gently to mix.
- Serve the ginger-baked salmon with the red cabbage slaw and mashed sweet potato.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
484 34g 21.6g 3.6g 8.4g 19.8g 0.4g 160mg 40.9g 2.4mg