- 150g gluten-free self-raising flour
- 70g sunflower margarine (we used Flora)
- 5 eggs, beaten, plus 1 egg white
- 1tsp tamari soy sauce
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 75g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 50g rocket, roughly chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Put the flour in a mixing bowl, then rub the margarine into the flour with your fingertips until it resembles fine crumbs. Beat the 1 egg white with the tamari and add to the bowl, then bring the mixture together.
- Carefully press it into a 20cm fluted, non-stick, loose-bottom flan tin, ensuring the base is covered with no cracks. Line with baking paper and fill with baking beans or rice, then bake for 15 min. Remove the beans/rice and paper, then cook for 5 min more until the base is firm.
- Put the tomatoes, cut side up, and the feta on the pastry base. Sprinkle over half the chopped rocket. Pour the remaining beaten eggs into the pastry case, then sprinkle over the remaining chopped rocket and season with ground black pepper. Cook for 15–20 min until the eggs are just set.
- Cool slightly before serving with the extra rocket. Or chill completely and keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Tip If you want to use ready-made pastry, try Genius Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry</span style=”text-decoration: underline;”> (£2.49/400g). Roll it out to 4mm thick, then use it to line the flan tin in step 2.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
361kcal 16.5g 19.1g 6.2g 1.4g 1.3g 1.7g 155mg 31g 2.4mg