- 8tbsp skimmed milk
- 1 egg
- 90g gluten-free plain flour
- 1tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 200g frozen sweetcorn, thawed
- 1 mild green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 2tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Zest ½ lemon
- Cooking oil spray
- 150g mixed tomatoes, sliced, quartered or halved
- Whisk the milk and egg together in a large bowl, then gradually whisk in the flour and baking powder to make a smooth batter. Stir in the sweetcorn, chilli, shallots, coriander and lemon zest.
- Spray a large, non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Using half the batter, spoon 1tbsp dollops into the pan to make 6 fritters. Cook for 2–3 min on each side, or until the fritters are golden and cooked through. Set aside and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 12 fritters in total, lightly spraying the pan with more oil if necessary.
- Top each fritter with the tomatoes and serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
54 2g 1.1g 0.3g 0.6g 2.4g 0.1g 24mg 8.9g 0.4mg