- 125g low-fat spread, plus extra to grease
- 50g cocoa powder
- 180g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 115g gluten-free self-raising flour
- 40g dark chocolate chips
- 125g dried figs, chopped
- 2tsp icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/fan 160°C/gas 4. Lightly grease and line a 16x28cm baking tray with baking paper. Put the spread and cocoa in a small pan over a low heat. Cook, stirring, until the spread melts and the mixture forms a paste. Or melt in the microwave for around 45 sec, then stir to a paste.
- Transfer the paste to a large mixing bowl, then add the sugar and stir to combine. Beat in the eggs, then the flour until combined. Stir in the dark chocolate chips and figs.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking tray and smooth over the surface. Bake for 20–25 min until slightly raised and firm to the touch.
- Cool in the tin, then cut into 18 brownies and lightly dust with icing sugar to serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
121 1.8g 3.5g 1.2g 1.3g 16.1g 0.3g 27mg 21.7g 0.8mg