- 100g low-fat spread
- Zest 2 lemons and 2tbsp juice
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, plus 2 egg whites
- 200g gluten-free self-raising flour
- 3tbsp skimmed milk
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Put the spread, lemon zest, 90g of the sugar, the whole eggs, flour and milk in a large bowl, then beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Divide the batter among the muffin cases and bake for 15 min. Leave to cool in the tin for 2 min.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over the cupcakes (about ½tsp for each), then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, increase the oven temperature to 210°C/fan 190°C/gas 7. In a squeaky-clean bowl, whisk the egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add the rest of the sugar, continuing to whisk until it dissolves, to make a meringue. Fit a medium piping bag with a 2cm-star nozzle, then fill with the meringue.
- Return the cooled cupcakes to the muffin tin and pipe the mixture on to the tops, in a circular motion.
- Bake for 3 min or until the meringue is light golden, then remove from the oven, transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
149 2.9g 3.8g 1g 0.2g 13.3g 0.3g 18mg 26.6g 0.5mg