- 250g dried mixed fruit
- 1 green apple, coarsely grated
- Zest 1 lemon
- 6tbsp apple juice
- Cooking oil spray
- 100g gluten-free plain flour
- 1tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 60g low-fat spread
- 50g dark muscovado sugar
- 2tbsp runny honey
- 1 egg
- 100g fresh gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp ground mixed spice
- 500g tub fresh low-fat custard, warmed, to serve
- Put the dried fruit, grated apple and lemon zest in a large bowl and pour over the apple juice. Cover the bowl and leave the mixture to soak overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat the oven to 150°C/fan 130°C/gas 2. Spray 8 mini pudding basins or ramekins with oil. Line the base of each with baking paper.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Put the low-fat spread, sugar and honey in another large bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer until light and creamy. Add the egg, beating, until the mixture is just combined.
- Add the soaked fruit mixture to the pudding batter along with the sifted flour and baking powder, the breadcrumbs, vanilla and mixed spice. Stir well to combine.
- Divide the pudding mixture evenly among the prepared basins or ramekins. Top each with a square of foil and secure by scrunching. Sit the pudding basins or ramekins in a deep roasting tin and pour in boiling water to a 2cm depth. Cover the tin tightly with foil. Bake for 1 hr 30 min or until the puddings are springy to the touch and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Turn out the puddings on to serving plates and serve immediately with the custard.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
293 5g 4.6g 1.5g 1.7g 36.4g 0.6g 132mg 60g 1.5mg