- 3tsp instant coffee
- 3tbsp skimmed milk
- 100g low-fat spread
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 110g light brown soft sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200g gluten-free self-raising flour
- 40g icing sugar
- 180g Philadelphia Lightest soft cheese, lightly beaten
- ½tsp cocoa powder
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases or 25cm squares of baking paper.
- Dissolve 2tsp of the coffee in 1tbsp boiling water in a cup, then stir in the milk. Put the coffee mixture, spread, vanilla, sugar, eggs and flour in a large bowl, then beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Divide the batter among the muffin cases and bake for 15 min.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the remaining 1tsp coffee in 2tbsp boiling water. Leave to cool.
- When the cupcakes are ready, leave them to cool in the tin for 2 min. Brush the cold coffee mixture over the cakes, reserving 2tsp, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk the icing sugar and soft cheese together until smooth, then spoon or pipe on to the cooled cupcakes. Drizzle with the reserved cold coffee, then dust with cocoa powder.
Nutrition per serving
162 4.2g 4.5g 1.4g 0.2g 13.7g 0.4g 39mg 27g 0.6mg Read more on how we calculate nutrition.