- 3 wholemeal pittas
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1½tsp fennel seeds
- Large pinch dried chilli flakes
For the guacamole
- 100g frozen edamame beans
- 75g kale
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Cut the pittas in half horizontally, to make 2 thin layers from each one. Cut each of these into rough triangles. Spread out on 2 large baking sheets and drizzle with the oil, then toss to coat. Crush the fennel seeds with the chilli flakes in a pestle and mortar, then sprinkle over the pitta triangles. Bake for 8 min or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, make the guacamole. Put the beans and kale in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 3 min to thaw the beans, then drain in a colander and rinse under the cold tap. Drain again well, then transfer to a food processor and blitz until roughly chopped. Add the garlic, lemon zest and juice to the kale mixture. Mash the avocado flesh with a fork, then add this to the food processor, too. Pulse briefly to combine, then transfer to a serving bowl. Alternatively, chop the veg by hand, then combine with the rest of the guacamole ingredients in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the guacamole with the pumpkin seeds, if using, then serve with the pitta crisps.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
335 9.9g 22.5g 4.2g 7.8g 2.3g 0.5g 71mg 23.6g 2.8mg