- 300g lamb leg steaks, fat trimmed away
- 1tsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes (on the vine if possible), halved
- 50g pitted black olives
- ½ cucumber, peeled, sliced lengthways, seeds removed with a teaspoon and discarded, and flesh roughly chopped
- 2tsp chopped oregano leaves
- Handful of fresh Greek basil, to garnish
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
For the dressing
- Heat a frying pan or barbecue until really hot. Rub the lamb leg steaks with the 1tsp olive oil, then add them to the pan or barbecue and cook over a high heat for 2 min on each side. (This will leave the centre pink – if you prefer your meat well done, increase the cooking time accordingly.) Season the steaks, then set them aside to rest.
- Put the dressing ingredients in a sterilised jar, tightly screw on the lid, then give it a good shake.
- In a large bowl, toss the onion, tomatoes, olives, cucumber and oregano with the dressing, then season with ground black pepper.
- Slice the lamb and add to the salad, then toss and serve garnished with the Greek basil.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
366kcal 32.8g 22.5g 6.7g 4g 6.9g 1.8g 89mg 8.1g 3.6mg