- 1.5kg leg of lamb, trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Zest 1 lemon and juice 2 lemons
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp fresh oregano leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 1.2kg new potatoes, scrubbed and halved if large
- 2tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 150g mixed baby salad leaves
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small cucumber, roughly chopped
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 170g fat-free Greek yogurt,to serve
- Rub the lamb with the garlic, half the lemon juice, half the olive oil and half the oregano. Put in a large shallow dish, then cover and refrigerate for 3 hr or overnight.
- Heat the oven to 160°C/fan 140°C/gas 3. Put the lamb in a large baking dish and roast, covered, for 3 hr.
- Combine the potatoes with the lemon zest, thyme leaves and remaining lemon juice and olive oil in a large bowl. Put the potatoes on a baking tray in a single layer and put in the oven. Uncover the lamb at the same time and cook both for 30 min.
- Remove the lamb from the oven and cover to keep warm. Increase the oven temperature to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Roast the potatoes for a further 15–20 min until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the salad leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, balsamic vinegar and remaining oregano in a bowl. Serve the lamb with the roast potatoes and a grind of black pepper, garnished with extra oregano leaves and the salad and yogurt on the side.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
446kcal 40.6g 15.7g 6g 5.3g 7.7g 0.3g 106mg 35.6g 4mg